Wednesday, March 21, 2012

La Bhutan – Belgian Blonde on tap

image Slightly different from the last La Bhutan Citra as I changed the hops to Styrian Goldings (one of the classic Belgian hops).  So now the beer is less fruity and has more “Belgiany” esters.  This batch was large enough that I decided to sell growlers.  (Usually the Haunted Beer Series and Belgian Tap beers are not available in growlers.)  The Saison that was on tap finished quicker than I thought, so I didn’t get a chance to post about this earlier…La Bhutan is on tap now!

A Belgian Blonde that tops out at 7.6% ABV (which is on the high side for a blonde according to the BJCP), in addition to malted barley this recipe also includes other fermentables like malted wheat and cane sugar.  If you like Avery Brewing’s Salvation but want something more sessionable, try this out.

No need to ring Pavlov’s bell, I’m already salivating…

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment