Monday, December 26, 2011

Cherry Porter

image After the success of the peppermint porter, we are hedging on and releasing the cherry porter this Wednesday at 4PM.  Sweet and tart simultaneously for that great cherry flavor (not a cough syrup or artificial flavor, but real Michigan cherries!)  The chocolate from the porter and the cherries give you the illusion of a chocolate-covered cherry, but I have to stretch my imagination to think it is a close match, but after having about 10 of these, I could tell you anything and you’d probably believe me.

Cherries belong to a special class of fruit called stone fruit and since I have already posted about cherries during my Wheat Wednesday blog this summer, I will just attach a link to the history and trivial facts about cherries here.

One quick note about cherries and Michigan: 75% of the nations production of tart cherries come from Traverse City, MI and it is known as the Cherry Capital of the World! 

Lastly, cherries are quite good for you as they are high in potassium, vitamin B and C, antioxidants, melatonin, and flavonoids.   Flavonoids?!  are they like IceBreakers “flavor-crystals”?  I’m not sure, but if they contain flavonoids, then dang, this beer is going to be good!

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment