Monday, December 12, 2011

Vanilla Porter Release Wed Dec 14th

image The next beer for our Wednesday release is a Vanilla Porter.  Fortunately, since I already did research and blogged about my Vanilla Wheat before, I don’t need to spend much time on this post.  For those that want to know interesting factoids about vanilla, like it is a vine, a flower and a fruit, you can visit my previous post. 

My first vanilla porter was made about 6 years ago and was a response to Empyrean’s Dark Side Vanilla Porter.  Since moving to Colorado, I find it hard not to acknowledge two other famous vanilla porters in the area: Breckenridge Brewery and Dry Dock Brewing Co who got a silver at the 2011 Colorado State Fair for theirs.

For everybody else who doesn’t care and just wants the details so they can drink it: Wed Dec 14th at 4PM at the Olde Town Yak.

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment