Wednesday at 4PM, the release of the Oatmeal Cookie Stout at the Brewpub. In addition to real vanilla, real cinnamon sticks (not those posers) there are copious amounts of oatmeal in this beer. Clocking in at 7.2% and 22 IBUs, this is one black beauty.
Here is an oatmeal cookie recipe in case this blog post makes you craving one:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt; stir into the mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, and chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.