Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GF Apple Ale release this Friday

image For those with Celiac Disease, I don’t need to explain what “GF” stands for…but for everyone else—”Gluten Free.”   People with this disease are not able to properly digest gliadin, which is a type of protein found in many common cereal grains like barley, wheat, and rye.  Pure buckwheat is fine, but is rarely pure so most stay away from this.  Rice, potatoes, flax, corn and sorghum are fine.

This GF Apple Ale is remarkable close to a cider in look and flavor, but I don’t have a license to produce cider so this has to be a beer. What makes it a beer is 49.5% apple cider, 50.5% Sorghum imageand a 1/4 of a hop pellet…there, now I can call it a beer.  For those who like cider, this beer will be for you.  A strong hard cider character with a finish that is an earthly cereal grain.  I can’t pick out what this farm-like grain reminds me of, but if you were to tell me rye or buckwheat, I’d probably believe you.  Guess you’ll have to taste for yourself.

Now just to get that darn Bat-signal working, we’ll get the word out to those on a GF diet!

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment